written by Tom | SEO
1. Without Dental SEO your website will get no visitors through search engines. Without making use of search engine optimisation, search engines will not know your site exists and won’t be able to rank your site for the keywords related to your business.
2. You need to do both on-page SEO and off-page SEO. You can’t achieve good results doing one without the other.
3. Start your Dental SEO Campaign now. Every day you leave it your competitors who use SEO pull further away from you. And take the prize of all the google searches that result in new dental patients for their practice.
4. Understand your competitors. Find out what the number 1 site for your keyword is doing. And know what you need to do to get ahead of them. Then do it.
5. SEO results take time. The SEO work you do today may take weeks or even months to show results in search engines. Be consistent with your SEO work. And be patient waiting for results. If you are consistent they will come.
6. SEO doesn’t have to break the bank. You can get business changing results on a small budget if you chose to target your efforts in the right areas. Like on-page SEO, quality content and link building.
7. If your website is new you will have to be more patient. It takes time to build a new websites authority. Until you have developed your site’s content and profile you shouldn’t expect to outrank older sites. If your website is new and you want the best possible results, check out this guide from Neil Patel.
8. Your website is never finished. It can always be improved. If you want to keep improving your SEO ranking and maintain it when you get to the top of the rankings, you need to constantly improve your site. And keep attracting more visitors and making more sales.
9. Don’t risk Google Penalties. It is not worth the risk. They have a large share of the search engine market. If you upset them you will be punished. And lose huge amounts of traffic.
10. Understand why your website can be penalised. Common reasons include keyword stuffing, poor content and lots of low quality backlinks.
11. Every dental website is unique. And needs its own SEO strategy. Just because a strategy worked for one dentist doesn’t mean it will work for yours. There are too many variables to approach SEO in such a simple way.
12. Never use keyword stuffing. If you overuse a keyword you are exposing yourself to receive a heavy punishment from Google.
13. Make use of the free advice Google gives you. Follow their webmaster guidelines and videos.
14. Create content for your website that is worthy of being on the first page. Make sure your content is interesting and relevant to the keyword you want to rank for.
15. Have a blog on your website. This is the quickest easiest way to constantly update your site with new information. Google likes websites that are constantly updating.
16. Make sure every page on your website has a title tag. This title tag should include any keywords you want to rank for and should be between 50-60 characters long. This title tag allows search engines to understand what your page is about.
17. Make sure every page has its own meta description. You have 160 characters to provide a meta description for your page. This page should give a summary what your page is about and should be persuasive enough to make somebody click on your link and visit your site so they can learn more. The user wants to get a reward for reading your content.
18. Research keywords before you start optimising your site to rank for them. If you use SEO perfectly for a keyword that gets zero searches your wasting your time. Before spending time and money on SEO make sure you are targeting the right keywords. That means a keyword that will make your investment profitable.
19. Use Google’s keyword planner. The keyword planner provides you with a list of words related to your main keyword and gives you an indication of the amount of search traffic these words receive every month.
20. Target keywords that are relevant. Relevant keywords are the keywords that people regularly use. By targeting these keywords and applying SEO to them, the sooner your websites traffic will increase and the better the quality of leads that you generate through search engines. And these leads will convert in to more new patients for your practice.
21. Use 301 redirects. If you must change the url of a page on your website use a 301 redirect so you don’t lose any links pointing to the old page.
22. Make a 404 page that encourages user to stay on your website. A way you can do this is to include links to your best or most recent content on your 404 page.
23. SEO your images. Search engines read your images filename and alt tags not the actual image itself. Include your target keywords in both the files name and the alt tag.
24. Make sure your website is mobile optimized. Now it is compulsory not a luxury to have a mobile optimized website. If you need to upgrade click here.
25. Make sure your website renders correctly in all the popular browsers.
26. Make sure your website loads quickly. Use Google page speed loader to check how quickly your site loads. You do not receive any bonus for a fast loading website. But you do receive a penalty if your website is slow to load.
27. Keep up with algorithm updates. To get a good ranking in the first place you need to align your SEO strategy with the way search engine algorithms work. And to maintain a good ranking you need to evolve your strategy as these algorithms change.
28. Don’t worry about submitting your website to search engines. Search engines are smart enough to find your website.
29. All the SEO work done on your website is your responsibility. If you receive a penalty for something on your site you didn’t do or didn’t know was considered black hat by the search engines. The penalty will not be removed. Be careful about what goes on your website.
30. Do not have similar content on multiple pages of your website. Your ranking can be adversely affected if you have the same page multiple times on your site or pages that are extremely similar. Make every piece of your content unique and relevant.
31. Use Google Search Console. This allows you to find out which keywords your site is ranking for and which other websites are linking to yours.
32. Use Google Analytics. Analytics show you the number of visitors your website gets, the pages they visit, how long they spend on them and the keywords they use to find your site.
33. Create a Google my Business Page. This will give your search engine ranking a boost.
34. Rely on more than one traffic source than just search engines. I recommend having at least four ways that you actively use to drive traffic to your site. That means use SEO but also use at least three other forms of marketing to generate traffic.
35. Low quality content and links make you vulnerable to search engine penalties. Make sure every link to your site and every piece of content on your site is of sufficient quality. They are a reflection on your business just as much as your work is.
36. Create your content for people first. Do not put writing for search engines as your number one priority. Once your content is found it needs to engage a person. And persuade them to do what you want.
37. Improve or remove pages with little content. Having hardly any content on your page leads to visitors spending a short amount of time on your page and probably your site. Just one page with a lot visit time can damage how search engines rank all your keywords. Combine pages with little content together to make them bigger, add content to them or remove them completely.
38. Don’t copy content from other sites. By copying and pasting from another site you risk being penalized by search engines. Take the time to create unique, high quality content.
39. Create engaging content. The more interesting your content is the more engage visitors to your site will be. Not only will this mean visitors stay on your site longer and signal to search engines your site is interesting and deserves a higher ranking, it also means you are more likely to develop the visitor into a patient. The longer a visitor engages with your content, the more likely they are to join your practice.
40. The more quality content the better. Visitors trust sites with a lot of content. And search engines reward sites that are packed with quality content. Create a plan to fill your site with good quality content and stick to it. When constructing this plan think about everything a potential dental patient would want to know before joining your practice. Then just give provide this content on your website.
41. Provide video content. Most people engage better with video than text. And it is inevitable video will be the most popular form of communication on the internet. They reduce the effort needed to engage with your content. And can help increase the amount of time spent on your site and encourage social sharing.
42. Create Infographics. Like videos infographics are easier to engage with than a price of text. And infographics are far more likely to be shared than a plain text article.
43. Combine Pay Per Click with you SEO strategy. If you have the budget and don’t want to wait for your site to rank organically pay per click can accelerate your traffic immediately. However, the clicks from organic search engine rankings are more valuable than the clicks through Pay Per Click.
44. Create content for other people’s websites and blogs. If you provide people with content for their own blog they are likely to reward you with a link than if you just ask for one.
45. Promote your own content. Great content is useless unless people can find it. Promote your articles and blog posts. Use social media and email marketing to let people know your content exists.
46. Talk to your patients to get keyword ideas. See what phrases they associate with a dentist. They may attach keywords with your practice that you wouldn’t have thought of yourself.
47. Target keywords that have commercial intent. You want to target keywords that generate new patients. Remember you want to generate more money than you spend promoting your keyword. Marketing is just getting more money back than you spend promoting your practice.
48. Make use of long-tail keywords. You can rank for longer specific phrases much faster than shorter keywords. Long-tail keywords also tend to produce a motivated visitor who is looking for something specific. If you help then find what they are looking fort you could be rewarded with a sale.
49. Have a page on your website listing all the resources your site has associated with a specific keyword. This is great way for users to find the information they are looking for. And it has the bonus of helping search engines categorise and rank your pages.
50. Use keywords in the correct places. These places are, your urls, title tags, meta description tags, header tags, image file names and your alt tags.
51. Backlinks have a huge impact on your ranking. The number and quality of links to your website, dramatically impacts your website’s ranking.
52. Don’t aim for a certain number of backlinks. Building backlinks should be an on-going process that you schedule into your Dental SEO strategy.
53. Get backlinks from relevant websites. Search engines want to provide search results which are relevant. Having links from relevant websites and web pages signals to search engines that your content is relevant.
54. Backlinks from trusted websites build your website’s trust.
55. There is a relationship between the work you must do to acquire a backlink and its value. Low value backlinks require less work than high value backlinks.
56. Buying backlinks can get you punished. Be careful if you decide to purchase backlinks, it can work but has the risk of getting you search engine penalty.
57. Get links from a variety of websites.
58. Have backlinks to every page on your site that you want to rank for not just your homepage.
59. Use your existing network as an instant source of backlinks. Ask them if they will put a link to your site on their website.
60. Get the good backlinks that your competitors already have. If somebody has linked to one of your competitors it is likely that they will link to you too if you provide them with a good reason. Remember to provide them value for doing what you want.
61. Know who is linking to your site. In Google Search Console, you can see this by going to ‘Traffic’ and then clicking ‘Links.
62. Each page on your site should be linked to from at least one other page. Search engines won’t include a page in its results if it is not linked to either internally (from your own site) or externally (from another site).
63. Use Ahrefs. This gives you detailed information about your own backlinks as well as your competitors.
64. Have links on your home page to your websites most important pages. This boosts the rankings of these pages.
65. Add internal links to your websites pages. These are not as valuable as backlinks but they do help your search engine ranking.
66. Don’t link to external sites which are not relevant. Only link to pages that you believe will add value to your sites visitors.
67. Link to websites and blogs relevant to your practice. People normally notice when you link to them and they could repay the favour and link back to your site if it is good.
68. Interact with websites and blogs relevant to dentistry. Leave comments on articles and blog posts. This builds trust in the online community relevant to your practice and over time can position you as a trusted expert.
69. Get in touch with other practices and suppliers in the dental industry. Building a relationship with them can benefit you both. You can promote each other’s content. And both get a greater return on your investment in SEO.
70. Build relationships with bloggers in your industry. The better these bloggers know you the more likely they will be to link to your site. And boost your site’s traffic.
71. Use press releases to share news and opinion. This is a good way to get your content shared from outside your normal network.
72. Pick up the phone and network. Phone calls take more time than emails but they are more likely to be taken notice of. When you get in touch with someone offer to provide content for their site in return for a backlink.
73. Search engines rank web pages not websites. The quality of the page is more important than the quality of the website. Remember content is king.
74. Just because your business is small it doesn’t mean you cannot outrank much larger businesses. It is 100% possible with the correct SEO strategy you can rank above huge international companies.
75. Schedule time every week to know where you’re ranking. Keep a record where you are raking for your keywords. And monitor this over time.
76. Page 1 is not good enough you need to be in the top three organic search results to see results. Do this and your SEO efforts will be rewarded tenfold.
77. Build authority with your website. The more quality you post on your content and the more it helps you the more authority you will develop. The result being more people talking about you sharing your content and linking to your site. The result being more enquiries and more patients.
78. Have your address and phone number on every page of your website. This helps your ranking if your keywords contain your town/city or country.
79. Get listed in the relevant dental directories.
80. Get listed in the relevant local directories
81. Request that your patients leave reviews on your Google My Business Page. These reviews can be viewed from search results. The better they are the more likely somebody will click on your site and want to do business with you.
82. Request that your patients leave reviews on your Facebook Page. The same as the above tip the better your reviews the more likely someone will click on your website and want to do business with you.
83. Request that your patients leave reviews on local directories like Yell. Much the same as the last two tips.
84. Show your personality. Big dental practices find it very hard to be personal. Being a small practice allows you can get across your personality much better. Use your email, social media and blogging to show both your patients and potential patients your personality. People prefer to visit a friendly practice.
85. Add social sharing buttons to your site. Make it as easy as possible for visitors to your site ot share your content. The easier it is to share the more it will be shared.
86. Social Media does not mean you don’t have to do SEO. They help each other. Both need to be used to get maximum results from online marketing. Using only one means you are losing out on new patients.
87. Rankings without conversion is useless. If you are ranking high and still not getting any leads something is going wrong. Monitor your traffic, and how much of this traffic is converting into enquiries. And how many of these enquiries are converting into patients. You need to identify the weak point in the patient conversion process.
88. Don’t worry about domain authority. Pages with low domain authority often outrank pages with high domain authority. If your content is quality it will rank well.
89. Use a flat website architecture. Make sure any page in your site is only 3 clicks from your homepage.
90. Have simple clear urls. Your url should make it obvious what your page is about.
91. Make sure you use header tags. Use your target keyword phrases in your H1 and H2 tags. Its best to keep your heading tags between 15 and 65 characters.
92. Regularly backup your website. If you lose your data, your search engine rankings will be lost too.
93. Use a good web hosting company. Your data is valuable make sure it is in reliable hands.
94. Use rich snippets. Rich snippers provide additional data about your site to search engines. This can benefit your search results.
95. Remove anything that slows your site down. Get rid of any huge image files that take ages to load. Your site visitors are not going to wait around for a web page that takes more than 3 seconds to load.
96. Create in-depth content. At least 1890 words.
97. Use the right keywords in your images. But do not keyword stuff.
98. Be patient with your Dental SEO strategy. It takes time to get maximum results and you need to commit to it for the long term, assess your performance every 6 months not every day.
99. Start your page title with a keyword you want to rank for.
100. Use your keyword in the first 100 words of your body content.
101. Get in touch with dental marketing experts and get a specialised SEO for Dentists.
Zero Spam. Unsubscribe at Anytime.
101 SEO SECRETS for Dentists
The DENTAL MARKETING BIBLE
7 Dental SEO Techniques to DOUBLE YOUR TRAFFIC
Why some Dental Websites are SUCCESSFUL...
Set up your Dental Website to GET MORE PATIENTS
The only 3 ways to GROW YOUR DENTAL PRACTICE